List management filter

11 years 11 months ago #202411 by uwfreelancer
List management filter was created by uwfreelancer
In a profile people can choose what job they have. For example there are the options Coaching and Webdesign. The person has the oppertunity to choose both. But when i am in my list management and has to insert the filter and Name -> Equil to -> Webdesign, he only shows all webdesigners. What do i have to insert at the filter so when a visitor search on webdesigner and that there are people has choose or only webdesigner or webdesigner and coacing ?

Greats,
Dennis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #202430 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: List management filter
You don't want to add a filter for that; you want to add the field as a searchable field to the userlist so users can search on it themselves. First add the field to your userlist. Second navigate to CB > Field Management and edit the field then set it as searchable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #202436 by uwfreelancer
Replied by uwfreelancer on topic Re: List management filter
yes there is indeed a search form for that. Sorry if i was not clear about my quastion.

I have a page with all job's on it. there are webdesinger and a page with coaching ( and alot more ). I want on the page webdesigners all profiles that are has on there job field Webdesigner. I have this with a filter page. But when a profile has webdesigner and coaching he dont shows it beceuase i have Job -> Equal to -> Webdesigner. But now he's shows all profiles that are webdesigners but not the profiles that has webdesigner and coaching.

I hope you can help me with this

11 years 11 months ago #202444 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: List management filter
Ah, I see; it's a multi-select field. Multi-select fields store as Value1|*|Value2|*|etc.. To properly filter on such fields you need to use a "LIKE" approach. For example your filter should be as follows.

Field -> Like -> %Webdesign%

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn