[SOLVED] Renew member/ Facebook login creates phantom recor

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #202582 by cliffvt
Hi there, something strange happening today! Have a member whose membership expired. She then logged in to renew today, but I guess she logged in using a Facebook id and then went through the usual renewal process, and got renewed ok, but it seems that a phantom record was then created in CB with her name, Facebook ID and username and an email address with a long number @invalid.com.

I can't understand this, although there is no CBSubs record, only a CD record..

This phantom record also got auto confirmed and approved somehow (not by an administrator)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Cliff
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #202597 by krileon
Looks like she failed to login to CB and clicked to sign in with Facebook and registered her self a new user. The ID is her Facebook ID. This happens if she fails to provide a valid email address. This shouldn't be an issue if you're using the latest FBC/TC/CB Connect as it presents them with a page to provide a valid email address before logging them in. Easiest approach is to edit their new Facebook user, copy their Facebook ID, delete their Facebook user, add the Facebook ID to their existing Joomla user, save, and it's now linked together properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #202612 by cliffvt
Thanks for the solution - much appreciated!

Cheers

Cliff

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #205181 by cliffvt
Krileon

Had another confusing issue today. Seems existing user decided to link to facebook login, CB created a new user using the Facebook email (not the same as the user's usual login email). I then checked her existing record and there is a different Facebook id in the valid record than there is in the phantom record. Just wondering, how do I know which one is correct, or can I safely delete the phantom record and FB ID?

Cheers

Cliff

11 years 10 months ago #205217 by krileon
Don't quite understand. So they used 1 Facebook account to Link and 1 Facebook account to re-register? Thus they've 2 logins with 2 different Facebook accounts? I guess just check the registration date to see which one registered first and delete the other one or ask the user if they intended to have two accounts and if not which they want to keep. FBC does not match based on email address, that'd be a vulnerability as you can supply any email you want to CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #205221 by cliffvt
Kyle this is really confusing me too! Here are the facts as I have it:

1. Member registered on 13 Oct 2009;
2. Member has an active subscription;
Here is the entry from the CB members list showing she visited today:

3. Suddenly today, I receive a "new user has registered email" for this same user;
4. The record contains no active subscription and is auto-approved for some reason;
4. A new comprofiler record has been created (not through the new registration process as NO details are on the new comprofiler record other than a username, name, lastname, email address, photo and a Facebook ID). The email address in this record is different to the one on the original and active registration;
See record in CB user list below showing a different username (I guess this is her FB username, a different email (I guess its her FB email?) and showing that she has never logged in on this record:

5. The new record also contains a profile photo - I have no clue where this would come from because (i) the user has not subscription and therefore could not log in or upload a photo at all:

6. So I went to Facebook and searched for the username in the new record, and guess what, up pops this exact photo and Facebook username, first name and lastname as has appeared as the new phantom record in CB:

So I am absolutely confident that this must have come across from FB and found its way into CB

This feels and looks like a bug of sorts. What do you think?

Cliff
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn