CB Invites configuration

11 years 11 months ago #202628 by wolfsauge
CB Invites configuration was created by wolfsauge
Hi,
I am looking for a way how to use CB Invites in a better way. It should be easily found and used, however I find it is very good hidden and doubt anybody would ever use it.
This is what I found

'The Invite a Friend CB Plugin automatically creates an 'Invite a Friend' menu item in your site's 'User Menu'. The 'Published' attribute of this menu item is automatically syncronised with the 'Published' attribute of the Invite a Friend CB Plugin—so you don't need to worry about managing that. However, you can change the ordering and text of the 'Invite a Friend' menu item using the Menu Manager.'

Unfortunately there is no such menu item.

'When published, the plugin will also generate an 'Invitations' tab on user profiles viewed in the front-end. You can use the plugin's configuration parameters to control whether this tab is visible on all user profiles, or is only available to the currently logged-in user.'

The mentioned tab show the invites, but does not give the opportunity to send one. The only way to do so is to menu - edit - manage your invites - new invite

The best solution would be a user menu item 'Invite a friend' - now I only need to know how to create it. I am sure it must be possible since the documentation says the plugin does it by itself, so I guess someone had this idea too.

Thanks for any advice.
Best wishes
Dirk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #202643 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Invites configuration

The Invite a Friend CB Plugin automatically creates an 'Invite a Friend' menu item in your site's 'User Menu'. The 'Published' attribute of this menu item is automatically syncronised with the 'Published' attribute of the Invite a Friend CB Plugin—so you don't need to worry about managing that. However, you can change the ordering and text of the 'Invite a Friend' menu item using the Menu Manager.'

No idea where you got this from, but that's not CB Invites description in Professional downloads, on Incubator page, or Overview page of its forge project. CB Invites is not "Invite a Friend". CB Invites has no menu link; it does not need one. It's purely managed from the Invites tab on their profile. I've no idea what you've installed exactly; you can find CB Invites within the Professional downloads section.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #202678 by wolfsauge
Replied by wolfsauge on topic Re: CB Invites configuration
Hi,
I have installed CB Invites from here. The only thing is that it is so well hidden, that I do not believe my users will find it, myself I stumbled upon it by checking every possible link. There should be a better solution than the tab which does not enable any action and the hidden item in the "menu - edit - manage your invites - new invite". So I simply asked Google and was sent here: downloads.joomlacode.org/frsrelease/3/2/7/3271/manual.html
Best wishes
Dirk

11 years 11 months ago #202800 by krileon
It was designed to be completely managed from the tab, sorry; that's how it was made and I've no intentions of changing it. It used to have a dedicated page for managing invites, but it was confusing and not often used. It's significantly more convenient to be able to manage directly from your own profile. You can use "Invite a Friend CB Plugin" as you please, but understand we did not develop it and we can not help you with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #202913 by wolfsauge
Replied by wolfsauge on topic Re: CB Invites configuration

krileon wrote: It was designed to be completely managed from the tab

Then something must have gone wrong with my installation. The tabs only shows invites that were sent but does not give the opportunity to send one. For this one has to find the well hidden "manage your invites" link above. I wonder if anyone uses it.
Anyway I simply copied the URL ".../index.php/my-profile/pluginclass?plugin=cbinvites&action=invites&func=new" and created a menu item as external link as part of the user menu and it seems to work.

krileon wrote: It's significantly more convenient to be able to manage directly from your own profile.

Well, that is definitely not the case as long as there is no possibility to click the "invites"-tab and then actually be able to invite somebody. Or again: has there something gone wrong with my installation?

krileon wrote: You can use "Invite a Friend CB Plugin" as you please, but understand we did not develop it and we can not help you with it.

I simply want to improve the usability of an overwhelming amount of features i.e. put everything in one place, that's all.

Thanks for replying anyway
Best wishes
Dirk

11 years 11 months ago #202924 by krileon

Then something must have gone wrong with my installation. The tabs only shows invites that were sent but does not give the opportunity to send one. For this one has to find the well hidden "manage your invites" link above. I wonder if anyone uses it.
Anyway I simply copied the URL ".../index.php/my-profile/pluginclass?plugin=cbinvites&action=invites&func=new" and created a menu item as external link as part of the user menu and it seems to work.

Ensure you're using the latest release found in the Professional downloads section. Your tab should look like the following.

has there something gone wrong with my installation?

Possibly, I can't say for sure. Joomla version? CB Invites version? It could be a permission problem as to why the "New Invite" link won't show.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn