Notify Invited User, they have been invited

11 years 10 months ago #202671 by ncmed
How can you notify in front-end (i.e. mod_cbgroupjive Module) that you have been invited to a group with accept.

Otherwise, you have to go to Profile>>Groups>>Invited To just to see you where even invited to the group. I must be missing something as this seems to be a no-brainer to have a notification. I am looking for notification when user logs in at least, and possibly an email.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #202799 by krileon
They're already notified either by Email or by private message (if using UddeIM).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #202816 by ncmed
Not sure what UddelM is, it is in the GroupJive PlugIn invite. I have most messaging among regular users shut off for security as this is a slightly modified tool for managing trainers and 'grouping' them together. I also found an error with the tool in the fact that an invite left the invited with the ability to erase the group. I removed this feature from tab_invited.php class file along with edit feature an invited user should never have.

11 years 10 months ago #202897 by krileon
You need to configure a notification method within GJ > Config > Notifications and ensure you've either PMS or Email based notification. If PMS then you need to have UddeIM installed.

I also found an error with the tool in the fact that an invite left the invited with the ability to erase the group. I removed this feature from tab_invited.php class file along with edit feature an invited user should never have.

Can you be more specific? An invited user can't delete a group if that's what you're referring to. It's possible for a user to delete their own sent invite, which isn't a bug/error and intended implementation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #202961 by ncmed
I have removed the line of code, but when the user had the option to accept invite, you could delete group in that tab. This would delete the group. Could possibly be from modifications I have made. I would recreate the setup, send invite and have the user delete group. Then go to user who sent invite and see if still exists. This WAS an invite to a Super Admin who had the ability to erase, so the reason he could do this. Either way it added confussion as to deleting invite or deleting group.

11 years 10 months ago #202971 by krileon
So if you deleted a group it didn't delete the invites in that group? It should've cleared all the invites if the group is deleted.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn