[SOLVED] CB Connect creates new users

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #202741 by whitetigeritaly
[SOLVED] CB Connect creates new users was created by whitetigeritaly
I have a website with 1000 users and the classic login process.
Now I've installed CB Connect and I've configured the apps related to Linkedin, Google and Twitter.

Then I tried a login with my Lindedin profile.
"Something" asked me the email address and its confirm.
It is not clear which "function" is asking the email and why, but I've written my usual email and when I see the message "email already present" I've written another address.

Then I tried a login with Google and again something asked an email address but now both address result existing and so I open the user list.
Here there is my usual user with name "First Second", then there a second user with name "First_Second" and then a third user with name "Loginame_100407299".

What is wrong?
If nothing, this plugin is totally useless.
With 1000 users I'll have 1000x6 (The original user, for Google, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook and Windows Live).
Furthermore every user has need 6 email address.
Finally none of user create has obviously values about CB fields.

This module must simply process the login, no to create users.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #202788 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect creates new users
It's a single sign on plugin. It's doing exactly what it's designed to do. If the users connect site ID isn't attached to any user it registers them. If they have an existing Joomla user they need to login first, link the accounts, and they can now sign in with their connect site credentials. The email page is to ensure the user provides a valid email address during the registration process as most connect sites do not provide an email address.

Then disable registration for the connect sites in configuration. Then they need to link their accounts after logging in normally. Once done they can login with their social site credentials.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #202821 by whitetigeritaly
Replied by whitetigeritaly on topic Re: CB Connect creates new users

krileon wrote: It's a single sign on plugin. It's doing exactly what it's designed to do. If the users connect site ID isn't attached to any user it registers them. If they have an existing Joomla user they need to login first, link the accounts, and they can now sign in with their connect site credentials. The email page is to ensure the user provides a valid email address during the registration process as most connect sites do not provide an email address.

Then disable registration for the connect sites in configuration. Then they need to link their accounts after logging in normally. Once done they can login with their social site credentials.

I'm sorry Kyle but I've not understood.
User is already present in Joomla+CB and usually he is able to login with his credentials.
If now he tries to connect with Linkedin, for example, first he must authorize in LinkedIn the apps of CB and then in the website there is the message "Your registration is not yet complete" with a new request of email.

Where I wrong?

About registration, can be usefull to allow a new user to register his profile, but then I think that he have to see the login page with all CB fields, right?

In attach the Linkedin configuration and a warning (but I don't think that it is related with this problem).
Attachments:

11 years 10 months ago #202901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect creates new users
You're not doing anything wrong. It's working exactly as expected. They need to first login to CB if they have an existing account and click "Link". If they don't do this it will register them a new account with their connect site account. The email page is asking them to supply a valid email address. Most connect sites do not provide an email address (only Facebook and Windows does).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203134 by whitetigeritaly
Maybe there is some understanding between us.
Try to do a summary.

In CB there is a user that has already login in the past.
Name: John White
Username: JWhite
email: John.White@gmail.com

He has a Linkedin user associate with the same email, but in the Linkedin he has the profile associate to his real name, so as "John White".
When he tries to connect from CB Connect I see that it is create the new user John_White.

So my question is: how you associate CB users with Linkedin? With the username or the email?

This is my doubt.
If you associate the user using the CB username the most part of the users cannot use CB Connect.
In the Linkedin (and in Facebook, always for example) the policy is to use the real name, but in a personal/community website, it is normal to use an alias.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203146 by whitetigeritaly
I've finally understood, I'm sorry.

I must:
1) login in CB from usual module of login
2) Just Login in Linkedin/FB/... with link buttons
3) Confirm the link among CB and linkedin/FB/... in the pop-up

Then, after a logout I can to do a login with Linkedin/FB/..

But...
Now, after the login with these I see a page with :

Registration
(Checkbox) Accetta Termini e Condizioni
(Button) Aggiorna

end when I click over the button CB show the error:
Solo gli utenti con permessi di Super Amministratore possono cambiare gli altri account Super Amministratore.

I don't understand because a old user have to approve again Terms & Conditions.
And however CB will not allow me to do it.

With Google I'm not able to create the link.
When I click over the button "link", CB show the pop-up to connect with Google, but nothing happen.
Only that from this moment if I open a page of Google (docs, for example) I result connected.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.565 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn