Auto Action plugin - change tables?

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #202988 by giuse3
Auto Action plugin - change tables? was created by giuse3
Hi, I installed Auto Actions plugin v3.0.1. I added a "interests" column to the jos_users table and created a new auto action rule with trigger = onAfterUserUpdate and this internal query
UPDATE `jos_users` SET `jos_users.interests` = `tennis`
WHERE `jos_users.id` = `[user_id]`
Editing my profile in the frontend, I get this error:
moscomprofiler::store failed: Unknown column 'interests' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE
`jos_comprofiler` SET `user_id`=64, `firstname`=... WHERE id='64'
Why is the plugin looking at jos_comprofiler while my query requires jos_user table??
thanks

Giuse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203027 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto Action plugin - change tables?

I added a "interests" column to the jos_users table

Do not tamper with core Joomla tables.

Editing my profile in the frontend, I get this error:

This is expected when you add columns to the _users table. Joomla and CB don't know they exist and don't know what to do with them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn