Facebook Sign in button on Registration page

11 years 10 months ago #203076 by timurdavidov
Facebook Sign in button on Registration page was created by timurdavidov
Greetings all!

I use CB FB 1.9. Is there a way to show the Facebook Sign in button on the Registration page instead of Login page. The reason being that I require new registrants to acknowledge that they have read the terms of service. If they sign in with their FB, they are practically avoiding the terms of service part?

Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203108 by krileon
It already asks them to accept the terms and conditions before they login. Otherwise they remain Blocked and can't login. At any rate you can edit the Facebook dialog from within your Facebook Apps settings and display whatever you like. Please see developers.facebook.com/apps > You App > Edit App > Auth Dialog then set "Terms of Service URL" to whatever the URL is to your terms and conditions page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203240 by timurdavidov
Replied by timurdavidov on topic Re: Facebook Sign in button on Registration page
Thanks, Kyle.

I am currently trying to test and compare CB Facebook Connect vs. CB Connect. This is all done on a brand new test site with the latest Joomla, CB, and Admin Tools Pro installed.

I uninstalled CB Facebook Connect and installed CB Connect, however while CB Facebook Connect showed a FB sign-in button, CB Connect doesn't.

I double checked that all settings are set properly, and the button is still not showing up.

Any idea where to look, given that CB Facebook Connect worked without a problem?

11 years 10 months ago #203246 by timurdavidov
Replied by timurdavidov on topic Re: Facebook Sign in button on Registration page
Kyle, I just checked again. It does show some brown square in place of the button, but only in Compact mode. Any clue?

11 years 10 months ago #203319 by krileon

I am currently trying to test and compare CB Facebook Connect vs. CB Connect.

CB Connect is the superior plugin. FBC/TC are both minor versions of the Facebook and Twitter integration in CB Connect.

Kyle, I just checked again. It does show some brown square in place of the button, but only in Compact mode. Any clue?

The button style will change based off the mode you have the module set to. You can force a button style within CB Connect configuration. Please see the "Login" tab of the various connect sites to adjust the button style.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.697 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn