Parent Profile with Multiple Child Profiles

11 years 10 months ago #203140 by shinebritekids
Parent Profile with Multiple Child Profiles was created by shinebritekids
I am building a parent/child educational games / stories site. I have CB 1.8 and CBSubs.

I am not sure if this is possible with some of the existing plugins or if one would need to be written. The user login is the parent login. The parent information is basically all in the existing community builder fields with some other custom fields.

What I need is for each profile to be able to have 1-30 child profiles that will track each child's Name, Avatar(Hex 64-char), Stories Completed, Stories Unlocked, Achievements, Items, Boy/Girl, Age, TimeOnSite, etc.

My Vision: The parent would be logged in to the site. The child would then be able to choose their avatar and they begin playing games, reading stories, changing their avatar, etc.. Anything they did in games is stored in their child profile (achievements etc.)

Summary of what I need:
- Create table for child profiles that links to Parent UserID
- Be able to manage child profiles in CB (Administrator).
- Add/remove/edit child profile - frontend(Parent).
- Get data from the table in some variable form.(I will be importing into flash)
- Be able to write data back to the table.
- Integrate with community builder (children tab or something)

Additional Items I could use:
- Ability for child profiles to have password or pin number.
- Ability to limit child profiles to 6 for normal subscription type.
- Ability to limit child profiles to 30 for teacher subscription type.

I know this may span multiple plugins. But any suggestions would be great.
If a combination of existing plugins wouldn't work I am happy to contract all or part of this out.

Thanks for your time and help.
-Chris
Shine Brite Education

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203199 by krileon
Your usage is very specific. As far as I am aware nothing like that exists for CB. You'll likely need to have what you need custom developed. CB is designed to have managers, but they're able to manager all non-managers and not just a specific set of users (maybe something for CB 2.0).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn