Plan - Subscribers User access level settings

11 years 10 months ago #203155 by tgribble
hello

cb1.8
j2.5.4
cbsubs 2.0.1

i am unsure if the Paid Subscriptions > Plans > Access > Subscribers User access level settings is working correctly

in my site ACL it is Public > Registered > Member > Sub Committee > Committee > Super Users.

when a new registration occurs they are "Registered"

Upon joining the plan i have asked in the Paid Subscriptions > Plans > Access > Subscribers User access level to promote the "Registered" member to "Member", thus enabling more of the site.

after testing a test member, the "subscription" is correctly changed to "Member" but the User Group ( [usertype] ) is not changed to "Member" enabling the site access level to be changed.

How can i adjust this? Is it possible in Integrations > CB Fields? - i cant see where i can change usergroups there?

i hope you understand the question.

Basically, as a member takes on a plan i wish the [usertype] to promote and demote with the plan subscription.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203202 by krileon
Does the user have the "Member" usergroup within CB > User Management? I don't recommend using the [usertype] substitution as it's not accurate as a user can have multiple usergroups. Example below details how to IF substitute accesslevels and usergroups (gids).

[cb:if viewaccesslevel includes "1"]I am Public[/cb:if]
[cb:if gids includes "8"]I am Super Users[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203251 by tgribble
The user once selecting the plan is not promoted to the Member user group. That is the entire problem.

I take it the [cb:if ...] examples are just to show which group the user is in?

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203320 by krileon
I see, that's a bug in CB 1.8. It's fixed in CB 1.8.1, please upgrade.

I take it the [cb:if ...] examples are just to show which group the user is in?

Ignore my first reply, I thought your issue was with substitution usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn