[SOLVED] CB 1.8.1 tools want to change field types and attr

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203191 by pepperstreet
Hello,
i am curious why CB 1.8.1 (tools) wants to change a lot of fields ?!?!
for example 1 date and some checkbox fields to varchar(255)...
also a default setting should be set to NULL ? Why is all this happening. CB 1.8 did not have any issues or complaints about my fields.

DATE:
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_geburtsdatum type is date instead of varchar(255)

CHECKBOX:
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_allowausweisdruck type is tinyint(3) unsigned instead of varchar(255)
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_eaccess type is tinyint(3) unsigned instead of varchar(255)
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_versicherung type is tinyint(3) unsigned instead of varchar(255)

DEFAULT:
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_magazin DEFAULT is 'drums & percussion (6 Ausgaben)' instead of NULL

CHECKBOXES:
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_magazin3 type is tinyint(3) unsigned instead of varchar(255)
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_magazin4 type is tinyint(3) unsigned instead of varchar(255)
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_mitgliedschaftok type is tinyint(3) unsigned instead of varchar(255)

Is this correct? I don´t trust this info. Can it harm my installation and data storage?

Additionally, i see RED field types in field manager, and the roolover tooltip says "the field might not be visible, because CB core field AJAX is not published...". But i don´t use it on any field, yet!

Please, help.

EDIT:
I removed CB Core Field AJAX plugin, and the red marks disappear. CB Tools field check turns back to normal, there are no messages at all.

Questions:
Does CB Core Field AJAX have to modify the fields to varchar?! If yes, why? Does my previous posted messages make any sense? Is it a feature or bug?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203208 by krileon

Questions:
Does CB Core Field AJAX have to modify the fields to varchar?! If yes, why? Does my previous posted messages make any sense? Is it a feature or bug?

It overwrote the fieldtypes in older versions. The latest CB Core Fields Ajax does not do this. You can download latest from Professional downloads section.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203210 by pepperstreet
I will check it again...
I thought, i already had the latest AJAX plugin available.

BTW, i posted a related topic in the Package-Installer article. How should we track version numbers? There is no file tab in the forge. I used to get the latest infos and downloads via RSS feed. Which was quick and easy. Your single download section is based on DOCman. DOCman has no build-in RSSfeed. ( I remember, there is a 3rdParty solution . Would you mind to install it?!) Or do you change your download section in the near future?

11 years 10 months ago #203214 by krileon
Version numbers are in the names of the files in the Professional downloads section. Packager builder will also try to always pull the latest release, but if the package had already been cached it may take awhile for it to grab the latest.

Would you mind to install it?!

Doubtful, but will ask Beat.

Or do you change your download section in the near future?

It'll be replaced with our own solution with release of CB 2.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203221 by pepperstreet
CB Core Fields AJAX v1.4.2 does work!
No messages or changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn