[#3565] Prevent Deletion of Comments in Profile Book

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203223 by nickr
I've searched the forum and not found the answer. I need to prevent users from being able to delete the reviews and ratings as these are meant to be feedback on the experience of dealing with that user and need not to be vetted first.

The only way I've found of doing this is to use CSS visibility hidden, but that means I can't delete rogue comments myself as the administrator without (I assume) direct removal from the database.

Any options using Auto Actions or any way you can think of to resolve this? If it is not possible at all currently, could this be added as a request for future requirements as it is a very useful configuration option.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203231 by krileon
You'll have to edit the plugin directly and remove the delete link or add an IF statement to it and the delete function so only administrators can use it. Aside from that there's no a whole lot of solutions regarding it as there's no feature built in to disable it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203259 by nickr
Okay - thanks Kyle.

Is it likely to be a feature in future releases? Can I request it?

Cheers.

11 years 10 months ago #203322 by krileon
Plugin will likely be completely redesigned or not even needed as its features are moved to core CB with release of CB 2.0. No idea if a new release of the plugin it self will be made before that time. At any rate I've added the below feature request for you.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3565

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nickr

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.587 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn