Error

Please login first

Limit number of checks in multi checkbox

11 years 10 months ago #203241 by jkeywell
Is there a way to limit the number of checks a person can select in the multicheckbox in the profile/fields?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203318 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Limit number of checks in multi checkbox
No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203681 by nant
Kyle,

just thinking out loud here...

I know there is no specific feature to limit the number of selected items in a multi-select field.

Couldn't a CB Auto Action be devised to reject the save of such a field update if the number of items selected is more than a prespecified limit?

11 years 10 months ago #203685 by jkeywell
Replied by jkeywell on topic Re: Limit number of checks in multi checkbox
Yes - but my question is what would the conditional be?

Items are saved in the database like this:
item 1 |*| item2 |*| etc.

How do count the items?

11 years 10 months ago #203716 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Limit number of checks in multi checkbox

Couldn't a CB Auto Action be devised to reject the save of such a field update if the number of items selected is more than a prespecified limit?

No, the conditionals can't parse out the value into an array, count it, then redirect away or anything of the sort. It maybe possible with a PHP action so PHP functions can be applied to the POST value using the before profile update trigger and trying to set a user error so it errors the update. However, the problem with all of this is it's after post.. users won't know the limit dynamically and they'll get slammed with an error suddenly after trying to update, which is discouraging to users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn