Linking a specific User List to a menu item.

11 years 10 months ago #203303 by tmoran
I can't work out why I can't achieve this!!! How do you link a specific user group to a menu item? I have tried selecting a comprofiler>user list menu item, however it won't let me alter the link to call a specific list.

I have also tried using System Links> External URL as the menu item, but I am not sure of the code. I've tried:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&list=5

This only calls all the user lists (same as index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist).

Any help appreciated

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203333 by krileon
Edit your userlist and grab the direct link then copy that direct link (beginning with index.php) to an External Joomla menu link. The link you're currently using is incorrect as it's not &list, but is &listid.

Please note if Joomla SEF is enabled it will strip Itemid from external links even if they point to Internal URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203409 by tmoran
Thanks Kyle,

Is there any way to do this without having to disable SEF URL's?

I've tried copying the URL of the list from my browser address bar once it has been selected from the drop down menu of the comprofiler search menu but it still brings up the complete list of users... ie:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&Itemid=126&limitstart=0&search=&cbsecuritym3=cbm_55ffe18e_1f135c71_61f229c9a7ad7ef79d33d21afd2c2e14&listid=5&name=&cb_suburb=&cb_state=

11 years 10 months ago #203430 by krileon

Is there any way to do this without having to disable SEF URL's?

Create an internal menu link to CBs userlist then edit within _menus database and append &listid=ID to the URL.

I've tried copying the URL of the list from my browser address bar once it has been selected from the drop down menu of the comprofiler search menu but it still brings up the complete list of users... ie:

You don't copy from the browser address bar. You edit the userlist in userlist management and copy one of the links given to you at the top of the edit userlist page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203578 by tmoran

Create an internal menu link to CBs userlist then edit within _menus database and append &listid=ID to the URL.

By

Create an internal menu link

do you mean Edit Menu Item>Select a Menu Item Type: comprofiler>User lists ?
Where do I find the _menus database?

It's strange, with SEF URL's disabled all 7 of my user lists are displayed individually as an eternal menu link (as intended) but with SEF URL's enabled, 6 of the lists are still called correctly, but one always displays the entire user list!!!

11 years 10 months ago #203615 by krileon

do you mean Edit Menu Item>Select a Menu Item Type: comprofiler>User lists ?

Yes.

Where do I find the _menus database?

In your Joomla database. User phpmyadmin or whatever database management software your host provides.

It's strange, with SEF URL's disabled all 7 of my user lists are displayed individually as an eternal menu link (as intended) but with SEF URL's enabled, 6 of the lists are still called correctly, but one always displays the entire user list!!!

Check what the difference is between all 6 and that 1 that does not display properly. If using 3rd party SEF remove the rewrite rule for that 1 menu link and see if it fixes it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn