Contact form in a profile tab.

11 years 10 months ago #203355 by Diggie1
Contact form in a profile tab. was created by Diggie1
We are looking to find out how to do one of two things.

Either be able to add a short form within a users profile, which will have fields that are already filled in based on that users information. This form will be able to be submitted to by the viewing user, and sent to the administrator.

The other way we could do this, would be to have a hard coded text link on each profile, that when the viewing user clicks it, it will go to another page with a couple of the viewed users profile fields already filled in.

Overall, we are trying to get it so that when a user is looking through profiles and finds one they would like more information about, they could fill out a form that already has the persons name and email address filled in for them, which could be sent to the administrator

I know it may not be very clear, but if you need more info, please let us know.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203359 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Contact form in a profile tab.

Either be able to add a short form within a users profile, which will have fields that are already filled in based on that users information. This form will be able to be submitted to by the viewing user, and sent to the administrator.

You could use the "Report User" feature. Using language strings it could be renamed to whatever you like. It's accessible from the CB Menu on users profile. This is enabled from CB > Configuration > Moderation > "Allow User Reports".

The other way we could do this, would be to have a hard coded text link on each profile, that when the viewing user clicks it, it will go to another page with a couple of the viewed users profile fields already filled in.

I suppose this will work if you used a 3rd party extension to provide custom forms or something of the sort. You could use a delimiter field to display the link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203367 by Diggie1
Replied by Diggie1 on topic Re: Contact form in a profile tab.
I like the idea of using the report user feature, but it is currently setup to be just a large textarea. How would I force the default value to be something like this:

Thank you for your interest.....
You chose:
[field user first name]
[field user last name]
[field user email address]

We will be in contact with you soon.

11 years 10 months ago #203390 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Contact form in a profile tab.
You can't include a default, but you can change _UE_REPORTUSERSACTIVITY language string to include instructions. _UE_REPORTUSER_TITLE language string is used for the report user page title.

As these are all managed from the moderator module it gives you direct link to the reported user as well as who filed the report so you'd be able to easily see either/or profiles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn