Error

Please login first

Profile tabs and arrangements

11 years 10 months ago #203443 by lockr
Profile tabs and arrangements was created by lockr
I hope someone can easily spot the schoolboy error I'm making. I'm trying to arrange tabs in a certain way but can't seem to manage it.

I'm trying to get all user details fields to appear inside a single tab.

I have 2 tabs set to right position:
-Personal details
-Subscriptions (CB Subs)
- Another tab called 'Contact info' of type cb core is also set to right. I can't unpublish it, but I cant choose to place my user fields inside this tab either (as it doesn't appear on the dropdown of available tabs) and changing it to type 'div' rather than 'tab' makes no difference. I am assuming this is the tab that appears as 'Profile', but can't be sure as no tab called 'profile' exists in my tab manager.

I'm stuck in a situation where if I publish the Personal details as a tab, it appears as a sub-tab of 'Profile', but if I set personal details to 'div' it appears above the subscriptions tab and the 'Profile' tab disappears completely.

What I want is two tabs, 'Profile' and 'Subscriptions' at the top. Inside the 'Profile' tab I'd like to place two 'tabs' rendered as divs with headers, 'Personal details' and 'Coaching details' (These just contain profile text fields). I don't want any second level of tabs.

How to do?? It must be simple, surely, but this 'Profile' tabs that appears and disappears as it pleases is annoying me. Years of using CB and I still haven't got a feel for the profile templating system.

TOO MANY TABS
[attachment:1]2manytabs.png[/attachment]

TOO FEW TABS
[attachment:2]2fewtabs.png[/attachment]

WHAT I WANT (PHOTOSHOPPED)
[attachment:3]whatiwant.png[/attachment]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203455 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Profile tabs and arrangements
Sorry, can´t see your attached images. Could you check it again, please?

11 years 10 months ago #203456 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Profile tabs and arrangements
In general, you should be able to assign fields to the CBcore tab "contact info". Its strange that you can´t select it, nor change the appearance style. Maybe an installation or upgrade bug ?

As far as you publish "tabs" on the same position:

- "tab" style arranges your tabs side-by-side, in a horizontal orientation.
- "div" style arranges the content ABOVE other tabs in the same position!

11 years 10 months ago #203540 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Profile tabs and arrangements
If I understand correctly you want to Nest tabs. You can enabled nested tabs within CB > Configuration > User Profiles. Please keep in mind it will not nest tabs provided by Plugins. This means it won't nest profilebook, profile gallery, cbsubs, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn