Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] Force profile update

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203691 by agilfeat
[SOLVED] Force profile update was created by agilfeat
Hi,

I am running 1.8.1 and had seen a tutorial on using profilecompleteness and triggers. Since triggers no longer exist, I am trying to figure out how to force profiles to be completed (by users) using auto actions.

I am having trouble finding documentation or examples for auto actions.

Also I am looking for documentation for the CB Content module.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #203707 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Force profile update
Best approach is to use CB Progress Field and it'll force them to profile edit on login if they have required fields that are incomplete.

Otherwise if using CB Auto Actions you'll need to check fields in Conditionals and redirect after whatever trigger (login, profile display, etc..).

Also I am looking for documentation for the CB Content module.

There really isn't any. It just renders substitutions. You can find a tutorial on substitution usage below.

www.allmysocials.com/directory/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203714 by agilfeat
Replied by agilfeat on topic Re: Force profile update
Thanks. Ok so I guess CB Progress field isn't forcing an update. It will redirect a user to their unfinished profile upon login in. But when the user tries to navigate away (without updating), they are allowed to navigate away. The next login, they aren't redirected to their profile.

I selected "force update" under "config".

The users do see the profile completeness in their profiles, but there is not enforcement. :)

11 years 10 months ago #203720 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Force profile update

Ok so I guess CB Progress field isn't forcing an update. It will redirect a user to their unfinished profile upon login in. But when the user tries to navigate away (without updating), they are allowed to navigate away. The next login, they aren't redirected to their profile.

That's working as intended.

The users do see the profile completeness in their profiles, but there is not enforcement.

Yes there is, it's forced after login. There's no way to have what you're wanting without using a Joomla plugin and checking profile completeness on every single page load. Something like that just would not be acceptable performance wise.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203726 by agilfeat
Replied by agilfeat on topic Re: Force profile update
Alright. Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn