Cometchat CB Kunena conflict in IE8

11 years 10 months ago #203742 by marriage_minded_man
Cometchat CB Kunena conflict in IE8 was created by marriage_minded_man
Is anyone using Cometchat?

For some reason the chat bar in cometchat sinks to the bottom in IE8 and doesnt show any functions, when on CB pages (kunena as well). But on other pages its fine? Could it be a JS or Jquery conflict?

I know this is not exactly a CB issue, but it does seem to happen on CB pages and Kunena pages only. So I thought maybe someone has an idea?

Im not expecting an answer but any help is appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203776 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Cometchat CB Kunena conflict in IE8
Probably a jQuery conflict or something of the sort. Review your browser error log to see if there are any fatal errors. It maybe even just a CSS issue, inspect with your browser to see if its CSS is altered when on CB/Kunena pages. Aside from that there's not much we can do for you as we didn't develop the extension; please contact its developer for further support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #207522 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: Cometchat CB Kunena conflict in IE8
Just FYI for anyone who cares. The file that was conflicting was "/components/com_comprofiler/js/curvycorners.min.js". I guess its responsible for curvy corners in IE. Once I deleted this file everything with cometchat worked fine. I don't mind not having rounded corners in IE.

11 years 9 months ago #207565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Cometchat CB Kunena conflict in IE8
We've already fixed all known curvey corner errors. What was the JS error exactly? What version of CB? We'd certainly rather fix the issue if there is a bug then you simply delete the file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #207614 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: Cometchat CB Kunena conflict in IE8
Well, there was no error. What happens is, the Cometchat bar is supposed to be fixed at the bottom of the browser window, but for some reason in IE it would not show at all, and the bg of it would sink to the bottom of the page. This happens only in IE. Once the file was deleted it seemed to work fine (but no rounded corners in IE). I can put you in touch with the Cometchat guy who was working on it if you like. I'll also send him a link to this post.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn