[SOLVED] How to write K2 articles from frontend

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204033 by whitetigeritaly
[SOLVED] How to write K2 articles from frontend was created by whitetigeritaly
I've the last releases of Joomla, CB and K2.

In K2 I've set integration with CB but I'm not able to write any K2 articles from Frontend.
If I want write k2 articles, then first I must login from K2 login module, but in this manner I lose any CB features.

Can I resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #204070 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to write K2 articles from frontend
CB has no control over K2. Please review K2 documentation on how to properly submit frontend articles. CB only displays K2 articles that belong to a user via CB Articles and nothing more. You should not need the K2 login module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204080 by whitetigeritaly
Replied by whitetigeritaly on topic Re: How to write K2 articles from frontend
In the K2 documentation it is written that it is need K2 login to write an article in frontend.

If CB plugin allows to display the k2 articles this means that someone has written these articles.
I am the only user of CB that must write articles from the frontend? :ohmy:

If no, I wish only to know how I can do this, only some advice.
Thanks in advance.

11 years 10 months ago #204093 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to write K2 articles from frontend
I've no idea why K2 login is needed. They just extend the Joomla user object and use Joomlas user session so it shouldn't matter what login you use. You just need to add a Joomla menu link to the new article page in K2, login, and click that link. I don't know how K2 works so I can't really suggest anything further except try various things out to see what works.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whitetigeritaly

11 years 10 months ago #204138 by whitetigeritaly
Replied by whitetigeritaly on topic Re: How to write K2 articles from frontend
Your advice is the first thing that I done, but the link points to a null page.
Only with a login with a K2 login module it is possible to see a link in the user menu (automatically) and with this I can open a popup where to write article.

I've read somewhere that both CB and K2 teams are working about a better integration.

Thanks

11 years 10 months ago #204143 by Pere LK
Replied by Pere LK on topic Re: How to write K2 articles from frontend
Hi,
I could help on this. You just have to activate the Cb integration in K2 params.
But there is a limitation : your users could create article from frontend but not edit the un-published one. You coul use the cb_artile for having a tab with all k2 article wrtite by a user and when the user is logged he can edit the publisged article.

There is a big lack with the limitation on unpublished article.

Bye

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn