[SOLVED] How to write K2 articles from frontend

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204152 by whitetigeritaly
Replied by whitetigeritaly on topic Re: How to write K2 articles from frontend
Thank you for your reply, but I don't understand.
I've already activated integration between K2 and CB so in the CB profiles I can see the articles created in the back-end, but now how to create an article in the front-end?

In Menu there are not an item to add an article but only an item to modify an article.
So, if I login from CB both K2 and I select this item menu in the my User Menu, Joomla shows a 404 error.

If instead I login with K2, then I see in the K2 menu an item "Add new article" and with this I'm able to open a popup where to write the article with categories, images, extra fields, etc.

Where I wrong?

Furthermore I see now that new users registered with CB are not present in the K2 User list. Initially I created this list with "Copy from Joomla", and now?
Is this another problem or a symptom of a bad integration?

Tanks again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #204182 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to write K2 articles from frontend

I've already activated integration between K2 and CB so in the CB profiles I can see the articles created in the back-end, but now how to create an article in the front-end?

I don't know. We are not K2 developers. Please contact them for support. I assume you create a Joomla menu link to a new article K2 menu link and click that.

You need to set K2 to integrate with CB in their configuration. I am not aware of needing to use K2 login or userlist as they use the same _users table as CB. If you need to pass data to K2 at CB registration you can do so with CB Auto Actions in a query action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204198 by Pere LK
Replied by Pere LK on topic Re: How to write K2 articles from frontend
If K2 integration is activate you just need to use the cb login.

11 years 10 months ago #204317 by whitetigeritaly
Evidently there are some other configuration problem because I am able to write articles only after a K2 login.
Thanks

11 years 10 months ago #204342 by nant

whitetigeritaly wrote: Evidently there are some other configuration problem because I am able to write articles only after a K2 login.
Thanks

You mean that there is a K2 URL that only works when you login using K2 login module and does not work when you login using CB Login module?

11 years 10 months ago #204370 by whitetigeritaly
I'm newbie in K2, but are two weeks that I'm reading in several forums about this problem.

When I login by "K2 Login Module", under my avatar/username it is showed 4 new links: Add new item, My page, My account, Moderate comments to my published items

With the first link a user can add an article (named "item" in K2 terminology) in the frontend.

If I login by "CB Login module" obviously these links are not showed and if I want to write an article I must do it in backend.

With the K2 option "CB Integration" I have CB avatar in K2 and the K2 articles in CB profile, but I don't see nothing to write article.

Repeat, I'm newbie in K2, but I'm sure about this.
Then, obviously I can wrong and so I'm asking some help about how resolve this problem because I cannot give to more than 600 CB users the access to backend.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn