Duplicate Results for Mailer

11 years 10 months ago #204064 by nphic
Duplicate Results for Mailer was created by nphic
Folks,

I was hoping to get some guidance on an issue I am having with Mailer. I have 3 Mailer's active. They are 30 Day Before, 60 day Before and Expiration message that are sent to my members. I have the 3 Mailers setup to send messages as follows:

1. 30 days before, Subscription's Expiry Date
2. 60 days before, Subscription's Expiry Date
3. at, Subscription's Expiry Date

I have folks replicating across these Mailers. For example, 3 message (30, 60 and Expiration) are sent to John Doe. I am expecting only 1 Mailer for each member based on their Subscription's Expiry Date. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Joe Rebele

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204117 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Duplicate Results for Mailer
Are you triggering the mailer at regular intervals? Either from CRON or manually navigating to the links? Was the user expired when you made all these rules as they'd end up receiving all 3 I believe in that case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #204744 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic Re: Duplicate Results for Mailer
Kyle,

This is my first time triggering the events. Right now, I was just triggering them manually from the Automation tab. What I need to do is to have the trigger for 60 days before only include those folks that are 60 days before, explicitly and 30 days before, explicitly. When a person registers at our site, I update the subscription date to be the first of the month. Then CBSubs calculates the expiration date from there. I'm not sure why the 30 days before is including the 60 days before members. The expiration works fine. Any thoughts on how I get around this issue?

Thanks,
Joe Rebele

11 years 9 months ago #204811 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Duplicate Results for Mailer
I believe you need to configure "But do not send message if it's later than:" to prevent it from sending duplicates. You may want to also set "Maximum messages per customer (0=unlimited):" to "1". You maybe able to use Conditions as well to further customize who the email sends to.

If you're 60 days before then you're also 30 days before. So I suspect you'd get both emails at the same time without conditions or further configuration as described above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn