Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Connect Log in / Register error

• sahaja
  • sahaja
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204240 by sahaja
Hi, I have an issue where if a user is not already logged into facebook I get the following error message rather than a facebook log in request :

An error occurred with FPHFB1. Please try again later.

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration

However, if a user is already logged into facebook, then login/registration occurs normally.

Also sometimes I get a different error message too - I can't reproduce it at the moment, but I think it just returns the error message without the API details.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 10 months ago #204277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect Log in / Register error
You're trying to use Facebook on a URL that you did not configure it for. For example if you configured it fro example.com then it will not work on www.example.com as www. Please review your Facebook Applications configuration closely and ensure you're navigating to the proper URL. Facebook is very strict regarding domain matching.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sahaja
  • sahaja
11 years 10 months ago #205117 by sahaja
Replied by sahaja on topic Re: CB Connect Log in / Register error
Thanks, but which am I supposed to use?

"example.com"

or

" www.example.com "?

I have no subdomains etc. Joomla is the only installation on the server

• sahaja
  • sahaja
11 years 10 months ago #205170 by sahaja
Ok, so I see what's happening now.

As long as I (or any visitor to the site) accesses my site via " www.example.com " instead of "example.com" it works fine.

So how do I configure it to work properly if someone happens to navigate via the shortened "example.com"?

This is going to turn people away from my site if they've landed on it via a link without the "www" and they can't do the whole one click register and get an error message instead.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 10 months ago #205215 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect Log in / Register error
You use whichever your site is primarily designed for. You maybe also able to add extra URLs to be authorized (I know Twitter can do this) or by adding "example.com" domain to the authorized domain setting.

"www" is a subdomain; so it means the two urls www.example.com and example.com are not the same. It somehow became popular to append www. to every URL when technically it shouldn't.

The best approach however is to just add a redirect from 1 to the other. Normally this can be done from your hosting panel (cPanel can do it) or a redirect in htaccess. This will ensure they always go to example.com for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sahaja
  • sahaja
11 years 10 months ago #205287 by sahaja
Thank you so much krileon. Very much appreciated. I think I have enough to go on now to sort this out completely.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon