Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Roadmap to responsive design?

• austega
  • austega
11 years 10 months ago #204358 by austega
Roadmap to responsive design? was created by austega
Hi guys,

I am upgrading a couple of website upgrades to J2.5 and am choosing templates as part of this process. I am attracted to a responsive design template but as CB, Virtuemart, Kunena and DT Register are integral parts of most of these sites, I wanted to ask about any road map you might have for making your extensions responsive/more responsive.

It seems to me that my choice at this point is between doing a minimal design change that creates a limited functionality mobile site version or moving to a fully responsive template such as is envisaged in J3 (where I understand extensions are expected to use/share common core responsive display functionality).

Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 10 months ago #204385 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Roadmap to responsive design?
Responsive template? Can you be more descriptive? AJAX/jQuery usage? The template will be completely redesigned with much more jQuery usage and mobile support. We announced at J&B that we'll be using Twitter Bootstrap.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• austega
  • austega
11 years 10 months ago #204420 by austega
Replied by austega on topic Re: Roadmap to responsive design?
Hi Kyle.

Sorry for the open-ended question. I am feeling my way as to what is worth trying to transition now with a template like JA Elastica or Gavick Pro Music Free or equivalent (both of which use MooMasonry) and what is worth waiting for J3/J3.5.

I assume your roadmap would have a Bootstrap based CB template out a little while after J3.0?

David

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 10 months ago #204552 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Roadmap to responsive design?
Twitter Bootstrap won't be until CB 2.0. I can't say when we'll have CB 2.0 out, but we're hoping to have at least a beta by end of year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon