[SOLVED] CB Connect and Super User registration loop

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204416 by AlanJones
I like the new "Your registration is not yet complete" but it creates a problem for me.
Super admins cannot complete their own registration.
"Only users with Super Admin permissions can change other Super Admin user accounts."

Any way around this you can think of?

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204551 by krileon
You're allowing users that are connecting to be placed into the Super User group? Or a Super User is trying to use the "Link" feature in which case they should never get that message. Please describe the exact steps you're taking and your setup. New registrations should not be made Super Users (usergroup can be configured within CB Connect). Joomla version? CB version? CB Connect version?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204558 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Re: CB Connect and Super User registration loop
No I'm not allowing new users into the Super User.
A Super User (me) is trying to use the Link feature after I have switched on "Enable Terms and Conditions" in the CB config.
CB then wants me to update my login before it lets me in, but it won't allow the modification of a Super User.

J 2.5.6
CB 1.8.1
Connect 3.3.3

Own Your Own Community!

11 years 10 months ago #204561 by AlanJones
Just upgraded to Connect 3.3.5 - same problem.

Own Your Own Community!

11 years 10 months ago #204589 by krileon
That won't work, you can't store a Super User without being logged in as a Super User. It's a security feature in Joomla and CB, no workaround. I suggest navigating to database and manually updating the column for the terms and conditions to be accepted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204611 by AlanJones
Of course. Why didn't I think of that?

Thanks!

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn