[SOLVED] group urls show wrong category

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204451 by bizzomephisto
[SOLVED] group urls show wrong category was created by bizzomephisto
I've done a quick search and havent found anything, hope this isnt a repost...

Scenario:
I make two categories, Category A and Category B

Under Category A i make Group A1
Under Category B i make Group B1

in the frontend i click the link for Category B which takes you to a page listing all groups under Category B. I click Group B1 and it takes me to Group B1's page, BUT the URL is ex: .../index.php/CategoryA/pluginclass?plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=show&cat=6&grp=9

this makes it hard to show modules etc for specific pages.
important to note, im not making any custom links or anything, this is using the pages groupjive makes for each Cat/Group.

see my problem in action here www.lf1more.com
click the DAYZ graphic and that will take you to the available groups
hover over "the walking dead" group link and you will see that the URL it's pointing to is DIABLO.

Thank you for any help you can provide
Bizzo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #204559 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: group urls show wrong category
I believe you've added Joomla menu links and it's purely using Itemid, which if is the case you need to enable Dynamic ID from GJ configuration then add Joomla menu links for each category otherwise it'll apply the first Itemid found to all links. Dynamic ID allows it to try and find an Itemid for each link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204582 by bizzomephisto
Replied by bizzomephisto on topic Re: group urls show wrong category
Thanks Krileon. That fixed it. is there any way to reset the whole thing? it's not a big deal, but all my links now have -1 or -2 after them now.

thanks for your help!

11 years 10 months ago #204591 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: group urls show wrong category
Reset the whole thing? Don't understand. Reset what?

it's not a big deal, but all my links now have -1 or -2 after them now.

What is displayed in the URL is the menu alias. You can edit the menu links and adjust the alias to whatever you like. It should be unique though. GJ generates them with name-id to ensure they remain unique.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204608 by bizzomephisto
Replied by bizzomephisto on topic Re: group urls show wrong category

What is displayed in the URL is the menu alias. You can edit the menu links and adjust the alias to whatever you like. It should be unique though. GJ generates them with name-id to ensure they remain unique.

thanks, i understand it now.

Benjamin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn