Different results in FireFox vs IE with priviledge

11 years 10 months ago #204482 by IAAF
I am getting so frustrated. I now have problems on two of my sites with user access, both of which appear to be browser issues as certain things work in FireFox and not in IE.
I currently have one site, www.ItsAllAboutFamily.com where I have community builder installed along with several other components, and I am finding that registered members are unable to view components such as 'My Menu' that require 'registered' membership, therefore can't access their profiles. No 'registered' users can add 'comments' or forums as well as a few other components.

Has anyone else ever run into this problem. Registered users could also not access 'registered' components on Safari (on Ipad).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204484 by socialfan
did you delete cookies?
did you try enable anti spoof in cb config?
did you disable cacheing?

no reason why access levels should be different on different browsers...

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #204501 by IAAF
A brand new user wrote to tell me that they could not access their profile page after logging in. I found out he was using the IE browser and sure enough when I tried to log on with a test user (as registered), I ran into the same issue (My Menu, with the profile link was not visible). I then tried to log into the FireFox browser and was able to see the 'My Menu' and then able to access the profile page. I had never logged on with that test user on the IE browser before, and I had deleted all cache, cookies, etc.

For some reason I am getting different results - as are my users. I'm also getting the same issue on another site that I maintain for someone else. I had to put a note on the home page to use FireFox instead of IE.

Spoofing was set to 'no' so I did set to 'yes', however this had no effect. Still did not allow a registered user to log into IE and have the system recognize user was 'registered'. Still could not access the 'My Menu' with the profile link.

What could possibly cause this issue and how does one go about fixing it?

11 years 10 months ago #204548 by krileon
Are you using Joomlas "Language Filter" plugin by chance to make your site multilingual and have SEF enabled at the same time? If so try disabling the SEF and testing if now working. Just found on another users site the Language Filter plugin acts up when using "All" language menu links, it's best to make menus specific to each language. What is the exact message you seen why trying to access your profile in IE?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #204642 by IAAF
Under Joomla Global Configuration:
I have SEO Settings, Search Engine Friendly URLs set to NO.

I have the JOOMLA System - Language Filter (plugin) disabled.
The System - SEF plugin is enabled

The Language Switcher module is published but I'm not using it. I changed the status to 'Unpublished'

If I log into the site in IE as a registered user, my username shows up in the ONLINE module, yet the My Menu with the links requiring a registered user is not displayed (but should be). If I try to click on my testuser name in the Online module, I then get a message: Please log in or register to view user profiles. My test user is registered and everything works fine in FireFox.

I appreciate your help. I've spent so much time just getting this far and users still can't even access anything (if using IE).

This site is using CB version 1.8 with JOOMLA Version 1.7.3 with php Version 5.3.13

11 years 10 months ago #204682 by krileon
What version of IE specifically? Press F12 and see what version its rendering your site in. If not done so already please upgrade to CB 1.8.1. If you've any caching enabled please disable it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn