Error

Please login first

Different results in FireFox vs IE with priviledge

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #205020 by IAAF
I have been trying for the last several days to confirm max size of file for upload and my host says I have a max of 16MB so size is not a problem. I also am trying to install CB 1.8.1 and am receiving the following error:

The first item I tried to install using the Joomla installer was com_comprofiler.zip and received the following error:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /j16/administrator/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I ran into this problem months before when trying to install group jive. I had followed the install directions then as I have this time so is there any other cause for this error other than installing in the wrong order or place?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #205041 by krileon
Does this happen with other extensions? You need to check max post size and max upload size and both should be adjusted to at least 4MB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #205113 by IAAF
I have a 16 MB upload limit and yes I did experience the error before when trying to upload GroupJive. I had to delete all the groupjive installs and reinstall, but with with 1.8.1 upgrade install of community builder, I ran into the same problem as before as soon as I tried to install the main component.

There is a difference between IE and FF. Could you please try to register on the Firefox browser to our site, and then try to log into the site on an IE browser. you will see what I mean. I have tried logging in as an existing registered user on two different computers that I had never used before and got the same issue. Can access OK on firefox and access registered content fine, can log into IE with same userid and password and not be able to access content for registered users.

11 years 10 months ago #205199 by krileon
Browser has zero affect on how PHP behaves so browser should make no different unless session is failing to store its ID to the Joomla cookie preventing the user from matching with a session in database; all of which is out of CBs control.

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as frontend credentials where this issue can be repeatedly duplicated and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #205307 by krileon
You changed the "Cookie Domain" and "Cookie Path" within Global configuration. This is the reason for your issue. You were causing failed domain matching so the session id couldn't be pulled from the cookie. I've reset them to blank and confirmed it's working fine now. Please also check if is working for you. I've confirmed working in Chrome, FF, IE9, and IE8.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn