[SOLVED] CB Connect 3.3.5 LinkedIn not working

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204634 by moosed
Hi:

The FB connector on cb connect 3.3.5 seems fine, but after configuring the API for LinkedIn, I'm stumped. When I click the login or link buttons for LinkedIn, I get no action/response.

I searched for log entries, and even tried Firebug. It's as if the button has no action assigned. I get no Firebug log entries whatsoever when clicking the LinkedIn icon.

Any clues? Something in the configuration I can check? The API Key and Secret Key are correct -- checked and rechecked! Did all the normal stuff: reinstalled, cleared cache, verified settings with instructions, etc. I know the plug-in is installed properly, since the FB connector works.

Thanks!

CB 1.8.1
Joomla 2.5.6
CentOS 6.2
php 5.3.3
MySQL 5.1.61
Apache 2.2.15
Primary browser: Firefox 13.0.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #204679 by krileon
View browser error log when clicking the button. Typically if nothing happens when clicking then a fatal JS error occurred, which normally happens if the Application or the plugin were configured incorrectly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204756 by moosed
Krileon,

Thanks for the reply. I launched Firefox with the Java Console on, and I saw LinkedIn errors.

When I first load the page containing my login module, BEFORE I click any login buttons, I get this error:

Error: You must specify a valid JavaScript API Domain as part of this key's configuration.
Source File: www.linkedin.com/uas/js/userspace?v=0.0.2000-RC1.20001-1400&apiKey=************&

Researching on LinedIn, I found out the Optional JAVAScript API Domain field is not really optional if using CB Connect! I added my domain to that field in my LinkedIn Application Settings, and it's working now.

11 years 9 months ago #204793 by krileon
For future reference and if other users run into the same issue it is described on Step 4 of help to complete the Javascript API Domain within Help on the LinkedIn tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn