[SOLVED] CB Connect 3.3.5 Google+ API

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204777 by moosed
Hi,

I have 4 out of 5 APIs working on CB Connect. Google+ is not cooperating! I've tried recreating the application, copied/pasted the keys 5 times, and I get the same behavior. When I click either the Login or Link icons for Google, I get the pop-up window. I log into Google if not already. The login window closes, and .... nothing. I never get the Google ID added to my com_profiler userID when linking, and no user is added for login.

Firebug returns an error when clicking the icon:

[
{
"error": {
"code": 404,
"message": "Not Found",
"data": [
{
"domain": "global",
"reason": "notFound",
"message": "Not Found"
}
]
},
"id": "gapiRpc"
}
]

Here is the post string:

[{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"gapiRpc","method":"plus.people.get","params":{"userId":"me","fields":"id"},"apiVersion":"v1"}]

Also, the Google API stats show the request is being counted against my 10K API call limit. So, I know Google is handling the request to a point.

Any hints? Thanks!!

--Doug

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #204799 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Connect 3.3.5 Google+ API
The domain in your Google application is not found. You likely misconfigured the application. Please follow the "Help" section very carefully as it explains exactly what you need to configure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204851 by moosed
Replied by moosed on topic Re: CB Connect 3.3.5 Google+ API
Thanks, Krileon. I've gone thru the help 20 times. Unless there are some implied settings that aren't matching somewhere, I can't imagine what's not correct.

Can you give me another hint? If the domain for the application is missing, what in the configuration process would cause that? I followed the instructions, words and pictures, exactly (as far as I can tell). At this point, I'm just going in circles without more information.

In the meantime, I'll go through the whole thing again, this time taking screenshots.

Thanks again for the assistance.

--Doug

SCREENSHOTS [REMOVED]

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204889 by moosed
Replied by moosed on topic Re: CB Connect 3.3.5 Google+ API
OK. I took a stab at creating a new Google account, and I could log in. It wasn't the app that was broken -- my existing Google account just didn't want to authenticate with Google+. I logged into Google.com, "upgraded" my account by actually joining Google+, and it worked!

I guess that little detail ought to be added to the Help screens? If not part of Google+, the client account will not work.

Aloha!
Doug

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn