CB Progress Field and Triggers

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204779 by mett
CB Progress Field and Triggers was created by mett
Hello,

Please help me to understand how triggers should work for following situation. All registered users should have their profile completed. I set some fields to be required (SSN, phone etc).

What i need now is to force users to complete profile after login, if some required fields are empty.

For example, i need users to complete their phone (required field). For this, i select this field in CB Progress Field. Then i add a new Auto Action:

Type = Redirect
Triggers = onAfterLogin (Frontend)
User: automatically (tested also with "Specific" option, where i put the user id)
Conditional: cb_phone = Empty
Redirect: index.php?option=com_comprofiler

The problem: what condition should i put to redirect users to own profile and force users to add their phone if this required field is empty?

Joomla 2.5.6, CB 1.8.1

P.S: in CB Progres Field plugin/Config, the "Force edit" is set to Enable, but users aren't redirect to own profile. In CB Configuration, there is no link for first login.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #204780 by mett
Replied by mett on topic Re: CB Progress Field and Triggers
ok, solved for text field (fields should be put inside of [])..now i have to find how to solve it for dropdown (single select) fields

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204784 by mett
it will work only for one value added to condition, how to use multiple values? For example, i need to force users to complete data if following fields are empty:

[cb_ssn] - text field
[cb_mobilephone] - text field
[cb_salesmananger] - dropdown
[cb_bdm] - dropdown
[cb_region] - dropdown

i tried to add more conditions, but then it doesn't work at all

11 years 9 months ago #204803 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Progress Field and Triggers
Conditions are always "AND" situations. For example if the first condition passes it checks the second condition. If the second condition fails then it'll do whatever action it's configured for. You'll probably need to configure an action for each field individually.

Alternative is to just use CB Progress Field, which can be set to redirect users to profile edit on login informing them of "Required" fields that aren't completed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #204806 by mett

krileon wrote:
Alternative is to just use CB Progress Field, which can be set to redirect users to profile edit on login informing them of "Required" fields that aren't completed.

This is what i tried first, but i can't make it work, users aren't redirect to own profile if required fields are empty. Should i do anything else except "Enable edit" option in plugin?

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #204815 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Progress Field and Triggers
You need to navigate to CB > Plugin Management > CB Progress Field > Config and set "Force Edit" to "Enable". Once done ensure the plugin it self is public and published. If you've some sort of other redirect after the login trigger though it won't work. For example if you're redirecting after login with CB Auto Actions it won't be able to redirect. It also only redirects if Required fields are incomplete. Moderators are exempt from the redirect as well so ensure you're testing with a standard registered user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn