Twitter plugin works on FF not Chrome

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #205005 by davidjoomla11
Twitter plugin works on FF not Chrome was created by davidjoomla11
Hi,
I discovered something strange. The twitter plugin works with Firefox perfectly but cannot work with Chrome. When using Chrome, the error shown is:

Sorry, something went wrong.
The provided callback url http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bookoflived.info%2Fstart%2F is not authorized for the client registered to 'http%3A%2F%2Fbookoflived.info%2Fstart%2F'.

Website is www.bookoflived.info. You can try using Chrome first. Once it cannot, try firefox. Then it's ok.

Any help will be appreciated.

David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #205029 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Twitter plugin works on FF not Chrome
The URL you're visiting isn't the URL you authorized Twitter for. Try with and without www. Checking within your Twttier @Anywhere settings to see what domains you authorized. If necessary authorize more.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidjoomla11

11 years 10 months ago #205051 by davidjoomla11
Replied by davidjoomla11 on topic Re: Twitter plugin works on FF not Chrome
Thanks! solved by adding www to callback url. Now both FF and Chrome can work.

If only Twitter can sync the email like FB... this is an issue that prevents a seamless registration. Nothing we can do until Twitter says yes.

Thanks again.

11 years 10 months ago #205064 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Twitter plugin works on FF not Chrome
Twitter won't ever give out email as far as I am aware, but latest release of CB Twitter has a "incomplete registration page". Meaning when they try to connect it asks them to provide a valid email address. If they do not it won't allow them to login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn