[SOLVED] CB Connect- Linkedin and Windows Live Issues

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #205288 by jeremiahbenes
Hi. I am having issues with the Linkedin CB Connect feature and the Windows ID feature. My site is www.survivorssupply.com. I am running Joomla 2.5 with CB 1.8.1 and Connect 3.3.6.

Here are my issues:
  1. Nothing happens when you click the Linkedin image.
  2. The Windows Live ID gives a generic error when the Windows Live icon is clicked

I have followed the tutorials extremely closely (and they were very helpful with the others), however, I cannot seem to get these two to work. Please let me know what steps I can take to solve my problem.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #205308 by krileon
If the button does nothing it typically means fatal JS error. Please review browser error log when clicking the button. For Windows Live, what is the error?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #205368 by jeremiahbenes
Replied by jeremiahbenes on topic Re: CB Connect- Linkedin and Windows Live Issues
EDIT: Solved the Windows Live issue. I'll post more about the Linkedin issue in a sec.

11 years 10 months ago #205378 by krileon
Almost every issue can be resolved by carefully, slowly, and multiple times reviewing the "Help" section. Configuration must be exactly as instructed or it may not work at all. Domain matching is also very very important. This means www.example.com and example.com are not the same and will cause domain mismatch (connect sites are extremely strict about domain matching).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #205381 by jeremiahbenes
Replied by jeremiahbenes on topic Re: CB Connect- Linkedin and Windows Live Issues
I've looked at the Linkedin issue and it appears as though the Javascript domain is invalid. I am using www.survivorssupply.com/ for my Javascript domain (it was recommended in the tutorial). Could this be causing the issue or is it something else?

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #205392 by krileon
There's nothing wrong with LinkedIn. I just logged into your very site with my personal LinkedIn account (please delete).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.374 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn