[#3603] Getting Error On Facebook connect plugin

11 years 9 months ago #205941 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Getting Error On Facebook connect plugin
This is due to Facebook enforcing future changes. You can disable them under the Advanced tab while editing your Facebook Application until I can get a new release out. Specifically the below should be set as accordingly.

August 2012 Breaking Changes: Disabled
September 2012 Breaking Changes: Disabled
October 2012 Breaking Changes: Disabled

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flocktree

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211378 by amahadevan
Replied by amahadevan on topic Re: Getting Error On Facebook connect plugin
Hi krileon,

I am using CB version 1.8.1 and CB connect version 3.3.11. While logged in using FB sign-in, i got a error of

"An error occurred with ‎The Organic Farm‎. Please try again later."

I got this error for all my websites. Kindly help me to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Alladi

11 years 7 months ago #211382 by nant

amahadevan wrote: Hi krileon,

I am using CB version 1.8.1 and CB connect version 3.3.11. While logged in using FB sign-in, i got a error of

"An error occurred with ‎The Organic Farm‎. Please try again later."

I got this error for all my websites. Kindly help me to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Alladi

Does the phrase "Organic Farm" mean anything to you?
Perhaps its associated with the Facebook account?

This is not generated by our plugin - something on the facebook side is causing this.

11 years 7 months ago #211388 by amahadevan
Replied by amahadevan on topic Re: Getting Error On Facebook connect plugin
Hello Nick,

"The organic Farm" is my website name and when i click FB sign in, the plugin gives error like that but when i click TWITTER sign in, the plugin connect with twitter correctly.

Thanks

11 years 7 months ago #211397 by nant

amahadevan wrote: Hello Nick,

"The organic Farm" is my website name and when i click FB sign in, the plugin gives error like that but when i click TWITTER sign in, the plugin connect with twitter correctly.

Thanks

Try turning on Joomla debug (and testing with default template just in case your template does not show debug section) and see if more informative messages appear.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn