[SOLVED] Step-by-step

11 years 9 months ago #206255 by thiagocs
Replied by thiagocs on topic Re: Step-by-step
Thank you so much to answer me.
I have only one last ask, its about the conditional. Can I program less or more then 10 questions to jump for other step tab or its just automatic?
Or be, 10 one Step, 11 = 1 new question in one new tab automatic.
I want to program 5 questions in first registration step, more 3 in the next. But in conditional plugin i cant set this feature.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #206263 by Kullus
Replied by Kullus on topic Re: Step-by-step
The way I understand it, the fields per step are determined by your tab management. If you set up one tab with the first five fields and then a second tab with the next three fields, set all those fields up as shown on registration, then you should be good to go.

The different steps are not set up in the CB Conditional Plugin, but in the Tab Manager.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, thiagocs

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #206306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Step-by-step
Kullus is absolutely correct. You can have as many or as little fields per tab (per step) as you want. They're all handled within CBs Tab Management and Field Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thiagocs

11 years 9 months ago #206320 by thiagocs
Im Dunce.
I dont know how i can do that. In my tab management i have CB Conditional: Tab condition preferences in my right side. But that configuration is only for configure fields, such as open if equal or diferent, dont show, hide, etc.
I was searching to one tutorial on internet, youtube, here in support. I hate cant reach my objectives. Sorry to not understand how i can do that.
Please Kullus, krileon... teach me with one example to set one page in the exact option i need to configurate. This is some hard to me.

11 years 9 months ago #206330 by Kullus
Replied by Kullus on topic Re: Step-by-step
Try the following: To start with, ignore CB Conditional. You can come to that later. Rather, do the follwing:
  1. Define the tabs you want to show in profiles after registration in Tab Manager. In addition to being the Tabs shown on your profiles these Tabs will automatically become your steps in the step-by-step registration.
  2. Define the fields you want to show in profiles after registration in Field Manager.
  3. Still in Field Manager while editing the individual fields, assign your defined fields to your defined Tabs. Once again, all fields assigned to the same Tab will appear in the same step when using step-by-step registration.
  4. Ensure that all fields which should be filled out at registration, have "Show at Registration?" set to "Yes". This is also done when editing the individual field in Field Manager.

Once you've done all this, go to Community Builder -> Plugin Management > CB Conditional -> Configuration -> Registration and set "Step by Step" to "Enable". Then you should be done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

11 years 9 months ago #206346 by thiagocs
I got
Thank you so much!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn