Re: Birthday field is different in CB than in Kunena

11 years 9 months ago #206855 by jpc0480
Is this an issue with CB or Kunena? In CB I have the field set to only display Month/Day which it does correctly on the CB profile tab, however the date in the forum sidebar is showing up with the complete birthday?

I'm using:
Kunena 3.0
CB 1.9
Joomla 2.5.11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #206898 by krileon
CB doesn't control how Kunena displays user information. If you're replacing the sidebar using CB Forums or Forum Integration with Advanced sidebar mode then it uses substitutions and will render however you substitute it in. Please describe exactly how you're integrating CB to Kunena (there's 2 different plugins that do this).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #206919 by jpc0480
I am using the new one, CB Forums. Really like the plugins!! Well worth the cash! B) B)

I'm using:
Kunena 3.0
CB 1.9
Joomla 2.5.11

11 years 9 months ago #206921 by krileon
Ok, so you're pushing the field to Kunena or are you overriding the sidebar display using substitutions? If you're just pushing the value to Kunena then it'll display as Kunena intended it to display, which as far as I am aware can't be customized.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #206926 by jpc0480
I was just pushing the fields. Is there another way to achieve this?

I'm using:
Kunena 3.0
CB 1.9
Joomla 2.5.11

11 years 9 months ago #206930 by krileon
Click sidebar and you can use HTML with Substitutions to completely re-render the sidebar however you want (it's how we have our sidebar). Aside from that no, it'll display the value as Kunena intended to display it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn