Field to show a user connession

11 years 9 months ago #207502 by deltafidesign
Field to show a user connession was created by deltafidesign
Is there a way to create a field where I can choose one user from my connession and display it as a name (or avatar and name/username) linked to his/her profile, on my profile?

I mean something like: "in a relationship with: User A"

where "User A" is the user I selected from my connession list.

Could this be implemented in CB 2.0 if not possible at moment?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #207504 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Field to show a user connession
This is already available through the "Connection Paths" Tab. If you want it as a field move it to a not shown on profile position then use a tab substitution to render it in a delimiter field. Example substitution as follows.

[cb:usertab tab="18" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #207581 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: Field to show a user connession
I suppose I did not explain clear what I need.

I would have a field like a drop-down list (or even multiple select list) where user can choose one (or more) user(s).

Example, User A is married with User B; User A and User B are connected, User A select in the field "in a relation with:", that show hes connections, User B.

It should be a drop-down list (or multi-select) field that autopopulates with user's connessions.

Is that possible?

11 years 9 months ago #207586 by krileon
Possible, yes; available out of the box, no. You'd need to create a new CB Fieldtype plugin for such a thing. Maybe the easiest approach is to allow Connection Types then add a connection type for "In a Relationship". You'd then use CB Query Field to query the members database for the user for a connection that has this type (take first entry) then do a join to the #__users table to get their username/name (however you want it displayed) and it'll output the results of the select query.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #207593 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: Field to show a user connession
Will you consider such feature for CB 2.0?

11 years 9 months ago #207598 by krileon
It'll be possible with CB 2.x most likely. We'll have more, better, and dynamic fieldtypes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn