I need a little help

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #207530 by thiagocs
I need a little help was created by thiagocs
I needed to get to the questions I posed to the user with several steps, was answered and tied the record of the user. Done!
But also necessary that each user can ask the same questions over and over again, as if it were a poll, and had a history of what he said at other times.
How can I do this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #207570 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: I need a little help
Don't understand. CB has no questions. It has fields. It's not a polling extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #207574 by thiagocs
Replied by thiagocs on topic Re: I need a little help
Yes i know. Talk that only to try explain.

Here is the exactly throuble.

I have this fields and steps, and this will be save in user account profile.

I need the same, but one way of the user fill the fields one time, and have the same register but not overwriten the exists. One way about the user fill again and i can record this for that user, the same fields.

Thinking in one medical exame, the same people needs to make it again and again and be a history about how was before.
Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #207582 by mstieg
Replied by mstieg on topic Re: I need a little help
I think I get what thiagocs is after as I believe I have the same need.

A multi-step form that gathers information (such as a patient interview, per the attachment thiagocs supplied.) The app then stores the answers to the questions keyed to the specific user record AND can be used over and over again for the same patient (as in collecting new data at subsequent visits for comparison and tracking.)

Like being able to collect new profile data on a user, while storing all old profile complete (not just field edits) as if you are treating the entire record set as a snapshot in time.

11 years 9 months ago #207587 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: I need a little help
No, repeat fields aren't available. It's something planned for CB 2.x though. It's possible to try and fake it with a textarea field and CB Auto Actions. Basically you'd push the values to a single textarea field, then erase the fields (takes 2 actions), but I'd imagine it maybe ugly. You could also use CB Auto Actions to push the values to a custom database table then display the results with CB Query Field, but this prevents them from editing old entries (textarea field method lets them edit the textarea field if needed).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds