List of members in age range?

11 years 9 months ago #207549 by fribse2011
List of members in age range? was created by fribse2011
How would I go about creating a CB list of people within a certain age range?
Their birthdays are entered.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #207576 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: List of members in age range?
Is the field a date field? You could use a userlist with an Advanced filter to accomplish this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #207651 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: List of members in age range?
Yes their birthday is entered in a date field, advanced filter, how do i do that?

Best regards
Fribse

11 years 9 months ago #207686 by krileon
What is the age range you want? Advanced filters are just additions to the userlist query. So it'd be possible for example to take the viewing users birthday (e.g. [cb_birthday]), grab the year, create a maximum and minimum year, then filter the list by that minimum and maximum range.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #207719 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Re: List of members in age range?
I need a list of our junior club members, so if they are below 18 years, they should be in the list.
I just looked in the db, the cb_birthday is year-month-day, so I need to isolate year, and subtract current year, and then check if the value is above or below 18. Doesn't sound complicated, but have no idea how.

Best regards
Fribse

11 years 9 months ago #207721 by krileon
The below advanced filter should do the trick.

( ( YEAR( NOW() ) - YEAR( ue.`cb_birthday` ) ) < 18 )

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: fribse2011

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn