CB component does not show up under component.

11 years 9 months ago #207667 by sonny1
My website crashed with pharma hack so I ended up reinstalling joomla 2.5.6. Besides other issues (my user list and article content are missing from front end. Though database is intact.), I re-installed latest CB version and it went fine.

But now under component, CB does not show up at all. How can I fix it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #207691 by krileon
Probably corrupt entries in _menus. Review _menus database table then find the below.

Menutype: main
Titles: COM_COMPROFILER, COM_COMPROFILER_SHOWUSERS, COM_COMPROFILER_SHOWTAB, COM_COMPROFILER_SHOWFIELD, COM_COMPROFILER_SHOWLISTS, COM_COMPROFILER_SHOWPLUGINS, COM_COMPROFILER_TOOLS, COM_COMPROFILER_SHOWCONFIG

Once found, delete them, then re-install CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #207763 by sonny1
Thanks Kyle. I did exactly what you said that and it started to show up under 'component' now.

Quick question: Do I need to reinstall other CB plugins as well? like CB login etc.. and do I need to delete anything in my database before reinstalling because I did install majority of them before site crashed.

How do I do that?

Also, will my previous and future users would all be OK now, like to register and use profiles etc, in case I don't reinstall plug-ins??

11 years 9 months ago #207809 by krileon
Shouldn't have to re-install any plugins, but if you do just install them over themselves and it'll upgrade-install them automatically. I've no idea what'll happen to future users as it's your site that crashed so I've no clue what all happened to it. I recommend registering some test users to ensure the workflows is still working properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn