Skip Confirm Email step if registering with cbsubs

11 years 9 months ago #207712 by citydan
I have CB set to require an email confirmation when a new user registers. I am not requiring admin approval of new registrants, but have found that the email confirmation step helps reduce spam and abuse.

I have CB Subs set to allow new subscriptions with registration. When this happens, someone is able to sign up for up to 2 of my plans when they register. They get my "thank you/ successful subscription" page and email, but because they still have not confirmed their email address, clicking any of the links I give them as their "next steps" just gives them the warning message that their account is not active yet. This is an awkward workflow if they have gone through a payment gateway and given me money.

Is it possible to have CBSubs automatically confirm a user's email address when someone has gone through the payment process of CBSubs?

I've looked at the auto actions plugin for something like "onaftersubscription" but don't see it. Maybe there is another way.

Another related question is, would it be possible for the registration process to log someone in?

I'm thinking that another way to tackle this issue would be to require the registrant to type their email address twice on the registration form as well as a captcha. Then, once they've registered, to log them in automatically. This way they have a tougher sign-up process, but once done they are logged in and ready to use the site without having to leave to check their email, and then log in again (which always seem redundant after you've just registered).

Is this possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #207716 by krileon

Is it possible to have CBSubs automatically confirm a user's email address when someone has gone through the payment process of CBSubs?

Yes, edit your plans and on the workflows plan set confirmation to "No" for it to override CB.

Another related question is, would it be possible for the registration process to log someone in?

With CBSubs in place, no, otherwise yes using CB Auto Actions you could do this.

Is this possible?

Yes, download the newly released CB Verify Email plugin. It adds a second input below email fields for them to resupply the email. Works the same as the password fields basically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn