View User Profile of Different Groups

11 years 9 months ago #207713 by Melina_Frey
View User Profile of Different Groups was created by Melina_Frey
Hi

I am struggling with CB on a specific aspect:

Is it possible to have a user group (say "Employers") have viewing access to another groups user profile's ("Students").

I currently would like potential employers to view my Student's Profile with regards to skills, qualifications etc, without having to put them in the same group and thereby give them access to part of the website which is only open to students.....

Anyone have an idea?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #207753 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: View User Profile of Different Groups
You could use CB Conditional to conditionally show/hide fields/tabs based off other field values. This would at least allow you to have Employer/Student profiles that have different fields/tabs. As far as the for features on the rest of your site you'd need to use Joomlas usergroups and accesslevels for that or use CBSubs and have a plan for employers and a plan for students.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 9 months ago #207770 by Melina_Frey
Replied by Melina_Frey on topic Re: View User Profile of Different Groups
Thanks Kyle

I'm already using CB conditional for some stuff so I think it will have to boil down to user groups....

11 years 8 months ago #207811 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: View User Profile of Different Groups
If on J2.5 it shouldn't be too much of a problem depending on what extensions you use. CB it self and Joomla it self bother support usergroups, accesslevels, and permissions. Can't speak for other extensions though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn