CB Invites - invitation email font and link

11 years 8 months ago #207865 by mstieg
The email invitation sent by CB Invites has an odd font and a non clickable URL (the string containing the invitation code) causing the user to cut-and-paste the long URL. Is this possibly plain text rather than HTML?

The registration emails send by CB are of a consistent font and have clickable URL's.

Point me in the right direction so I can edit the email sent by CB Invites to match font and be clickable.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #207902 by krileon
Odd font? It doesn't send formatting, so however your email client is rendering it is how it'll display. The links aren't HTML; most email clients make them clickable, but those that don't need to copy and paste it to the browser address bar or you need to edit the invite email to include them as HTML. Email is edited within CB Invites > Config > Invites > Invite

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #209636 by mstieg
FYI, if you set the mode to 'Text' in CB Invites > Config > Invites > Invite the resulting email DOES HAVE a clickable URL like the emails sent by CB Registration. (Was tested with current versions of IE, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.)

11 years 7 months ago #209720 by krileon
The links are sent raw and most email clients will translate those raw URLs into clickable. It's the same way pasting a raw link here in these forums work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn