CB Invite to appear at the right place

11 years 8 months ago #208599 by davidjoomla11
CB Invite to appear at the right place was created by davidjoomla11
Hi, thanks for having the CB Invite plugin.

2 things that puzzle and need your help.

1) The invite tab appears in the profile page. But it is not meant to be viewed by others. Instead it is a part of the user's management hence should be at the edit page. Can this be done?

2) I need to add some instruction/description but under tab management for invite tab, it cannot be done (it doesn't show at profile view). Tried using field delimiter but the Invite tab does not appear as a part of the selection. Please advise. THanks.

DL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #208607 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Invite to appear at the right place

1) The invite tab appears in the profile page. But it is not meant to be viewed by others. Instead it is a part of the user's management hence should be at the edit page. Can this be done?

No, it's viewed and managed from the single tab. You can't put stuff like this in profile edit as that'd be a form within a form, which is not valid HTML and would not work.

2) I need to add some instruction/description but under tab management for invite tab, it cannot be done (it doesn't show at profile view). Tried using field delimiter but the Invite tab does not appear as a part of the selection. Please advise. THanks.

Simply edit the template from the below location and add, change, remove whatever you like.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbinvites/templates/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #208720 by davidjoomla11
Replied by davidjoomla11 on topic Re: CB Invite to appear at the right place
Thanks Krileon. I can change those existing words but for main description below tab title, where is the place to do it??

11 years 8 months ago #208749 by krileon
Description where? You'll need to be more specific. The entire frontend display of CB Invites is done from the template files; see previous reply for path to template files. You can add the code to render a description as you please.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #208752 by davidjoomla11
Replied by davidjoomla11 on topic Re: CB Invite to appear at the right place
Can't get anymore specific. It is the description below the title. Just like all other tabs. They all have a title. And the next thing is always followed by description.

From what you have said, I know tab mgt and fieid mgt cannot do it. For the template, where can we insert that line for description (presume it is tab.php?)?

11 years 8 months ago #208759 by krileon
CB Invites doesn't utilize tab description as specified when editing the tab in CB > Tab Management. It isn't inserted anywhere in code and if it was it'd show in profile edit and not in profile view. If you want a description you'll need to edit the template files and add the code for one.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn