[SOLVED] Configuration help needed

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #208665 by matthiasbehrends
[SOLVED] Configuration help needed was created by matthiasbehrends
I thought it could not be so difficult, it actually is. After 80 hrs. implementing and tweaking CB for a site we still have some basic problems:

The scenario:

- Site has (at least) 2 separate user groups with (some) different fields in their profiles
- Users from group A shall list and search users from group B and vice versa (according to the fields of Group B, of course)

We ran into trouble by thinking that the CB Subs panel in field settings is the way for configuring this. It is simple to get a state where the correct fields are displayed on the right profile of Users A/B, but then we lose ability to search those fields in list view.

And just when we get all field visibilities alright with Conditional Plugin the fields disappear from the Search criteria of the CB List Module - what they shouldn't bec. the respective option in CB Conditional for Search List is set.

Please help, because the many features we got to work are useless if we cannot solve this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #208733 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Configuration help needed
As no versions were specified I assume you're on J2.5. With that said navigate to J > Users > Access Levels and create a new access level that includes usergroup a then create one that includes usergroup b. Now create a CB userlist that is accessible to A access level and includes usergroup b in its display; then make another with the reverse. Example configuration as follows.

View Access Level: A
User Groups to Include in List: B

The above means access level a can view the userlist, but only usergroup b is shown in it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #208743 by matthiasbehrends
Replied by matthiasbehrends on topic Re: Configuration help needed
You assumed right, we are on latest versions of J, CB and all CB plugins.

The strategy you outline is clear and implemented. Users are correctly shown in the list to the other group, respectively - just the fields in Search Criteria disappear - and this is weird, right?

11 years 8 months ago #208756 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Configuration help needed
You need to ensure your fields are set to be searchable. You also need to ensure your userlist has "Searchable fields:" set appropriately. If set to "No" then it won't display any search criteria.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #208768 by matthiasbehrends
Was already done, played around with these settings quite alot. Still no solution.

11 years 8 months ago #208769 by matthiasbehrends
Strangely if I set in list configuration to show "all searchable fields" of Group B, those fields of Group A are shown as search criteria - although this does not make sense. Fields are shown in profiles of Users A and B correctly sorted.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn