question about acl and readmore

11 years 8 months ago #208725 by staeren
question about acl and readmore was created by staeren
hello, i will give a try to explain my problem/question...
We have a site with about 5 article categories (for ex cat1, cat2, cat3,..). We have also several usergroups (f.e. usergroupA, usergroupB and usergroupC). They are all registered groups (so no author rights or something else). We want all usergroups AND public users to show the introtext in all category blog views. But only usergroupA may see a "readmore" link for the article categories cat1 and cat3, while usergroupB can see the readmore for cat3 and usergroupC has to be able to read the full text of cat2. (these are all examples but i can't better explain what we want to reach.
I suppose this is not standard with joomla 2.5.6? We use the last version of CB. Do we have to purchase CBSubs to reach something like this or are there less difficult solutions?
We have also the same problem using DOCMAN 1.6.
Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #208751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: question about acl and readmore
CBSubs has no relation to usergroup usage. What it can do is protect an article from being viewed by anyone except those subscribed to a specific plan. You can then configure it to show the intro and only protect the readmore text.

As for doing this with just Joomla you'll probably need a 3rd party content extension like K2 to manage your articles and add new features. Aside from that you may want to post your question to Joomla.org for best suggestion.

For DOCman we use DOCman groups. Then simply apply said group using our CBSubs DOCman integration. We then assign downloads to those groups. This gives us download access permissions based off subscription. No relation to usergroup usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn