Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Viewing CB Activity on front-end

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209237 by KillerSurfLinks
Viewing CB Activity on front-end was created by KillerSurfLinks
We would like to use the CB Activity information like facebook's main page news feed, so when visitors login or click a link (menu item), all the admin defined activities are displayed. A page like this.

cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com/cb-activity

I have installed CB activity on our site, but do not have GroupJive or a forum installed. I'm not sure if I need these installed for it to work, although we'd probably have more activity if these were installed. Are GroupJive or a forum required for CB Activity to work?

I do see the activity tab listed on my profile but I cannot figure out how to "Turn it on" so everyone can see all activity. I have reviewed the settings section but can't figure it out.

I have tried to create a menu item for it, bit it is not listed as an option to choose from.

Do you have any suggestions? Can you provide the steps to configure CB activity to be displayed on the front-end

Mike
www.KillerSurfLinks.com

PS. Joomla 2.5.6
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by KillerSurfLinks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 8 months ago #209249 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Viewing CB Activity on front-end
You need GJ installed if you want GJ activity log, but no you don't need it installed for it to work. Kunena also isn't required. You can see what kind of activity it can log within configuration. In configuration is where you'd also change who it displays to. You'll find its configuration within CB > Plugin Management > CB Activity > Config. You can also generate a Joomla menu link to CB Activity from the CB Activity plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon