Error

Please login first

[SOLVED] Working with tabs.

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209451 by Edxactly
[SOLVED] Working with tabs. was created by Edxactly
I'm new to CB and pretty new to joomla. I've got it up and running installed CB, installed a rcoketheme I'm hoping to use.
I'm having trouble with understanding how tabs relate to a template. How to actually get them to show up.
The positions that I'm able to choose for tabs do not match any template ones. So does that mean I can't place the tabs?
I've read through the online manual, but it doesn't really say "how" to do things as much as some basic overviews of configuration etc.
If there is a better manual I'm happy to read it - just point me in the direction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #209469 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Working with tabs.
Tabs are specific to CB. They've no relation to modules and can't be placed anywhere but within CB. All your questions can be answered by reading the documentation, which is available for download in Advanced downloads section; please read it carefully as it explains usage of tabs clearly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #209496 by Edxactly
Replied by Edxactly on topic Re: Working with tabs.
Thanks for the response. I did read the "big manual" and obviously didn't get it.

I will re-read.
When you say "can't be placed anywhere but within CB".. what does that mean?
Do you mean I have to use a CB template?
Maybe I just don't "get" how CB works. If it's not modules that you stick in a template, then how to you place things where you want them.
I have to be missing the overall concept here.
I guess I need a tutorial.. are there any 3rd party ones even?

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209508 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Working with tabs.
Navigate to CB > Tab Management and click "New Tab", what "Position" are available is all you can use. You can not add more nor can you remove them. They are specific to CB and have no relation to Joomla. This is explained further in detail (pictures included) within your documentation. Below is a map of tab positions on CB profile view.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

11 years 8 months ago #209554 by Edxactly
Replied by Edxactly on topic Re: Working with tabs.
I think I get the idea now. CB is only relevant within someones profile.
It isn't "site wide" so to speak. Thank you for your help. I will play around more and see what I can get working.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn