[SOLVED] Paid Profile Gallery

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #209675 by nilsy
[SOLVED] Paid Profile Gallery was created by nilsy
Just a thought...
I have some Members who wish for a possibility whereby they can make their Profile Gallery accessable via PayPal or some other payment system.

The thought is that images are visible as thumbnails to get people actually interested in paying, but they only popup to large view after an online payment has been done.

I am not sure how this could be done.

Perhaps something similar to a credit system I saw earlier today, which was not quite suitable (of course).
For example, a customer pays 100 Euro for 100 credits.
To gain access to an activated Members galleries, he/she must give 5 credits to that account.

I know this sounds like a major system in itself, but I think it would be a major advantage to have this possibility.
(I purchased that image thingy from the AngryNinjas, but that was just a swindle sorry to say.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #209727 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Paid Profile Gallery
It's possible with CBSubs if you've CB ProfileGallery set to use thumbnail display (won't work with lightbox) then simply protect the pop up URL partially with CBSubs By URL Part protection. It's not exactly fullproof though. I can simply right click, inspect element, copy URL, paste to browser, remove tn, and now have your full image. It's best to use a gallery extension that can use ACL to safely and securely protect the images.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #209773 by nilsy
Replied by nilsy on topic Re: Paid Profile Gallery
CBSubs is not really suitable for this as I see it, sorry to say.
Ok, thanks for fast reply!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn