[SOLVED] Radio bottom value...

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209683 by henrik1782
[SOLVED] Radio bottom value... was created by henrik1782
For integration with Kunena forum I need to assign some values in database to ex. 0 or 1.

To make it easy for the users I want to allow users to select by using radio bottom. Ex. Forum post ordering

Oldest first
Newest first

I want to assign value 0 for first option and 1 to the second option. But how???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #209740 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Radio bottom value...
I assume you're using CB Forums and if so you'd just set the values as follows.

_UE_ORDERING_OLDEST
_UE_ORDERING_LATEST

You'd then translate them within your CB language files as follows.

define( '_UE_ORDERING_OLDEST', 'Oldest first' );
define( '_UE_ORDERING_LATEST', 'Newest first' );

CB Forums will pass them to Kunena as 0/1. Other supported values are 0, 1, Oldest, and Latest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209755 by henrik1782
Replied by henrik1782 on topic Re: Radio bottom value...
I tried... dosn't work.

I use CB Forums and Kunena 1.7.3

I set up a field in Field Management ex Ordering as a radio button field.
Assign the values
_UE_ORDERING_OLDEST
_UE_ORDERING_LATEST

Add translation to language files in components\com_comprofiler\plugin\language
define( '_UE_ORDERING_OLDEST', 'Oldest first' );
define( '_UE_ORDERING_LATEST', 'Newest first' );

Link field from CD Forums/Kunena 1.7/ordering to the new created field in Field Management.

But value in db doesn't change when I update profile....?

I have the same problem for Kunena Viewtype, Hide Email, Show online, Gender. Any documentation?

I just switched over from JoomSocial so please be a bit patience with me, as I have some trouble finding out how to configure CB.

Best regards
Henrik

11 years 8 months ago #209761 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Radio bottom value...
Are you sure you selected the correct field to synchronize as the default form integration included with CB already provides these fields and you may have selected them by mistake perhaps.

Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done attempt to save your profile and see if any error occurs. Please note CB Forums must be enabled within CB > Plugin Management for this to take affect. Also ensure CB Forums is up to date (latest is 2.1.4).

Any documentation?

Nope, professional plugins don't come with documentation.

If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will need to debug the plugin as it's possible it could be a bug; I do not have K1.7 anymore and all my dev environments are now K2.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: henrik1782

11 years 8 months ago #209945 by henrik1782
Replied by henrik1782 on topic Re: Radio bottom value...
Thanks a lot... seems to work now.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn