Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] User with no email address?

• jojo12
  • jojo12
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #209918 by jojo12
[SOLVED] User with no email address? was created by jojo12
Hi,
for some reasons, I would like to complete my gj group, even if some users don't have any email address. Is this possible?
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 8 months ago #209923 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User with no email address?
You can't have users without an email address. It's required for Joomla and CB. No idea what you're referring to in regards to GJ.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

• jojo12
  • jojo12
11 years 8 months ago #209929 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: User with no email address?
I am working with young people (between 12 and 20). Some of them have not yet an email address or only one emailaddress for the whole family.

I would like to give them the chance, to give or get informations for their gj group.
With only the nickname and the password, this should be possible too.
(sure, they don't get email notifications.)

Is it possible to give them a virtual email address?

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 8 months ago #209931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User with no email address?
I'm shocked someone doesn't have an email address (you literally can't join any site without one basically, it's a security standard), but anyway no you can not do what you're wanting; sorry. This is a Joomla and CB requirement. If you are creating them manually you can set a fake email like username@cb.invalid, but it's completely non-functional and they'll never receive any emails from your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• MacJoomla
  • MacJoomla
11 years 8 months ago #210013 by MacJoomla
Replied by MacJoomla on topic Re: User with no email address?

jojo12 wrote: I am working with young people (between 12 and 20). Some of them have not yet an email address or only one emailaddress for the whole family.

I would like to give them the chance, to give or get informations for their gj group.
With only the nickname and the password, this should be possible too.
(sure, they don't get email notifications.)

Is it possible to give them a virtual email address?

Hello jojo12, if they are not as much children without a mail adress, you could give them either a real mailadress with your domains name or you could add a catch all mails account with your domain and give virtual addresse to the children like kevin.muster@yoursitename.ch. Second way they will never get mails, but you ;-) Third way, make a workshop with those children how to create an own mailaccount. Seems, with 12 years these days it is about time ;-)

Best regards, Macjoomla
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

Moderators: beatnantkrileon