Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Blogs and K2 group problems

• activha
  • activha
11 years 8 months ago #210168 by activha
CB Blogs and K2 group problems was created by activha
Hello

I began to use CB Blogs to offer a better input for writing K2 items.

However I have noticed that CB BLogs does not respect K2 groups.

Meaning that if a user belongs to a K2 group which is not allowed to write in, say, sub-category 1 of category A, when using CB Blogs this user can override K2 and is perfectly allowed to write in all sub categories of category A, including sub-category 1 which is forbidden in the K2 Group

Woa, hope it's clear enough ;-)

Is there a way to make CB blogs respect K2 groups and user allowances ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 8 months ago #210208 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Blogs and K2 group problems
When CB is integrated with K2 the K2 groups don't serve much purpose, but no not without editing the code. It's already designed to respect Joomla ACL (extensions really need to stop making their own ACL!). It's possible at the time of using CB Blogs for the user not to exist in K2 at all and thus not having any groups so integrating K2 group restrictions could cause a lot of display/access problems. I suggest using Joomla ACL only if possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
11 years 8 months ago #210224 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: CB Blogs and K2 group problems
I understand but what we need to achieve is to give writing permissions in K2 to some groups and not to others, while leaving the reading permission to all public

Honestly I dont see how to achieve this without using K2 groups for now

Any other idea ?

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 8 months ago #210228 by krileon
Then why use CB Blogs at all? It's designed to bypass such restrictions. If you're needing those restrictions it doesn't serve much purpose. Please do not use it as an "Submit Article" tool; that was never my intention in developing it. At any rate if you're wanting K2 group support you'll need to implement into K2s model found below.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbblogs/models/k2.php

More specifically you'd add your access checks to "getCategoriesList".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
11 years 8 months ago #210236 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: CB Blogs and K2 group problems
Kyle,

This is not a "submit article" tool, it's a great managing tool for blogs but in order to get the most out of K2, I think that it would be best to also have the ability to :
- limit writing rights in K2 categories (compulsory for a blog tool)
- use extra fields (very useful to CCK)
- use K2 image uploading tool (very useful to limit size and max speed)

Joomla content is too limited to make a blog support and if you add these features you would really have a nice blog tool addition to k2

just my two cents :-)

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #210242 by krileon
It's a generic implementation that supports multiple models. The 2 other models don't have even remotely the support for such features so it's not possible without rewriting all the models and duplicating a mass amount of code. Sorry, but I've no plans to do just that. If you need a specialized solution then you should have one developed; this wasn't made for K2 and only K2, it was made for Joomla content; the other models are afterthoughts and added by popular request.

I understand your requests and I'd like to have them too, but maybe for a rewrite in the distant future, but certainly not in current usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon